Former poet laureate to speak at Emory graduation | News
ATLANTA -- A former United States poet laureate and Pulitzer Prize-winning poet is set to speak at Emory University's commencement ceremony.
The university says Rita Dove will deliver the keynote address at the graduation ceremony on May 13. She will also receive an honorary doctor of letters degree.
Dove currently teaches English at the University of Virginia. She served as poet laureate and consultant to the Library of Congress from 1993 to 1995, and as poet laureate of the Commonwealth of Virginia from 2004 to 2006. She's known for her interdisciplinary approach and her collaborative ventures with composers, musicians and other artists.
Commencement will be held on the campus quadrangle with more than 14,000 people expected to attend.
Upcoming Events near Emory
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- All About Developmental Disabilities offers workshops on dating, employment
- DeKalb court under fire for false arrests, imprisonment
- Weavers rebuild their lives, one creation at a time
- Antionette Tuff reflects on 1 year since McNair Shooting
- All About Developmental Disabilities to hold workshop series on sexuality