Sandra Deal, Path2College to launch college savings initiative | Events
DECATUR, Ga. -- As Georgia First Lady Sandra Deal continues her "Read Across Georgia" tour, she will make a stop in Decatur to launch a contest that will help one lucky parent pay for his or her child's college education.
Together with the Georgia Public Library Service and Georgia's Path2College 529 Plan, Mrs. Deal will introduce the Destination College Savings Sweepstakes at 9:30 a.m. on Thursday, May 12 at the Toco Hill-Avis G. Williams Library (1282 McConnell Drive, Decatur, 30033).
The Destination College Savings Sweepstakes will award the parent of one Summer Reading Program participant a grand prize of $5,529 toward a Path2College 529 Plan savings account.
The winner's local library will receive $1,529. Library branches with the most sweepstakes entries and greatest percentage of registered users entered in the contest will also win cash prizes.
For more information about the Destination College Savings Sweepstakes, visit the Path2College 529 Plan website. The contest is open through Sunday, July 31.
Upcoming Events near Emory
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Grocery is the #1 holiday purchase! Research shows where consumers are spending this holiday season
- Ga. Tech to host 2016 NCAA Swimming & Diving Championship
- Stan the Lovesick Snowman at the Center for Puppetry Arts
- Cooked To Perfection: Taste of Atlanta 2013
- APS investigating Grady High football for illegal recruiting